Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Some poetry...


Step out from the shadow
revenant companion,
my unknown enchanter
What compels you to me?
Why draw me again
to that place,
those things I gave up so long ago?

You, who in all my yesterdays
captivated me with sweet dreams
the surreal promise
whispering hope ethereal.

I burned sage and incense for you
clearing my soul
welcoming you
you, who breathed life into my breast
pensive mysteries
tormenting me with trenchant desire
exciting me to anxious felicity

You who carried my soul aloft
upon the inspiration of your transcendental voice
flaming before me a sacred vision
initiating me into life's beauty.

In my lost hours;
hours of secret grief
your song always carried through
soothing me with your quiet acceptance
and did not my soul forever heed you
in all my purest moments?

Why have you come again
what is it that you've come to tell me?
Or will you call on me only in dreams
awakening futile thoughts of old
sweetly whispering of joy
only to fall silent once more?

No comments: